New Haven Cottage
Our New Haven Cottage is a cottage in name only. For even though in appearance it has the warmth and simplicity of a small dwelling of yesteryear, in plan the spacious rooms and graceful circulation all thoroughly represent the best of today's design thought. From the two-story foyer the line of sight is unobstructed through the large sunken great room to the rear garden beyond. A handsome screen of strong square columns defines the rear foyer and the dining room; a walk-in wet bar and powder room for guests are discretely but conveniently located. The light-filled kitchen is a functional and beautiful U-shaped design incorporating a large island, pantry closet and appliance garage as well. Upstairs the vaulted master bedroom has a view of the garden below. An oversized walk-in closet opens off the well-appointed master bath. Conveniently, the laundry is located here on the second floor. Three other bedrooms and two additional baths make the plan a family favorite.
Baths: 3 (1/2)
Master on Main: N
- Total SF: 3441
- First Floor Area: 1568 SF
- Second Floor Area: 1873 SF
- Total Heated Area: 3441 SF
- Ceiling Height, First Floor: 9'-0"
- Ceiling Height, Second Floor: 8'-0"
- Preview Sets include a floor plan and may not be reproduced
- Construction Sets include 8 sets of plans and are appropriate for your builder
- PDF Sets are downloadable full-size drawings that allow customization
- CAD Sets are downloadable drawings will allow your architect to make changes
We Also Recommend
This American traditional wood-lap siding house with brick accents offers a welcoming appeal and enjoys a Porte-Cochere to the rear auto court.
This simple lap sided cottage with stone accent offers a wide courtyard entry and a double arch covered front porch to greet guests and welcome homeowners.
Our stately plan is an updated classic featuring the balance and detailing beloved of the Georgian Style without sacrificing the convenience of good circulation and light-filled spaces.
Our plan is illustrated with an exterior of warm wood shingles, the perfect foil for the columned front entrance.